The Equity Variables Test provides you with a snapshot of equitable practices. This quick and simple equity test assesses and evaluates an organization's practices based in four areas: Representation, Economy, Culture/Practice, and Systems. It's free with no obligation. When completed, you are eligible for $100 off the Equity Factors Assessment and an optional follow up, free expert review. That's Equity.
HOW IT WORKS
The Equity Variables Test consists of approximately 85% quantitative questions and the remaining 15% are open ended, qualitative questions.
With a 15 minute test you access immediate results in four equity-based categories.
Basis for evaluation
Over 18 months, The Equity Consortium gathered both the questions and the evaluation parameters from communities of those most affected and marginalized.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I receive the $100 off the Equity Factors Assessment?
We do our best to keep it simple, no special code or secret handshake needed. Because we are humans (who do love technology), we simply keep track and when you're ready to take the Equity Factors Assessment and Referral services, you can find more information about the Equity Factors Assessment HERE. Offer expires six (6) months from the date of completion.
Who wrote the questions?
Over the course of 18 months, The Equity Consortium invited those most affected by inequitable practice, those with lived experience, to contribute to the creation of the Equity Factors Assessment. In response, a combined 500 years of experience wrote the Assessment questions. From these questions, we then asked, "Which of these questions would quickly tell you the most about any organization?" Their responses make up the Equity Variables Test.
How is it evaluated?
The Equity Consortium uses a combination of automated evaluation algorithm and personal, expert review. The automated portion uses standardized criteria originating from the organizing principles of over 36 local and national advocacy organizations and personal review is conducted by an expert in equity advocacy.
Who should complete the Test?
The person completing the Test has 1) the most intimate knowledge of the presence or absence of equitable practices and 2) access to estimated data. The organization may have just started the conversation around equity and need a starting point, or the organization may seek clarity on how current efforts are progressing. Either way, the organization will find benefit in a compassionate, outside perspective with no obligation.
What do I need to begin?
Above all, equity work requires honesty. In addition, it's helpful to have ESTIMATES as this is an informal conversation.
- employees/volunteers/contractors demographic information
- constituents' demographics (estimates are fine)
- access to the organization's pay rates
How accurate is the Test?
Results are intended to point in the general direction of areas of need and to quickly confirm areas of positive growth in each of the four categories (representation, economy, culture/practice, and systems). The Evaluator adds a personal perspective for a human touch. The benefit is to help guide future focus by knowing in what general area of equitable practices to focus. For organizations who seek more specific insight from the community, a more detailed Equity Factors Assessment is available.
Are the results public?
Test results are sent only to the email provided and are shared neither publicly nor by outside requests. The Equity Consortium does reserve the right to include anonymized results as a part of collecting equity-related data. This information helps us to establish baselines of equitable practices across a variety of indicators such as by field and intersections of identity.